Gazebos for Function and Beauty
For those with the space to accommodate it, gazebos a very popular choice in backyard design. Inspiration for this form of decor originally came from the Oriental world, and today they are quite the rage in a garden or close to a water feature near the home.
Beauty and Design Elements for Gazebos
There are many uses for such pop-up gazebos. First and foremost, it’s beautiful. You can add many elements to it, like hanging plants, to make it look all the more inviting. Side panels or netting will help protect you from garden bugs. Night or day, these serve as a great place to relax as well as entertain. Placing it close to a pond or stream only adds to its appeal.
Design considerations for gazebos include:
- Interiors and exteriors done up in wood, metal, and other flexible materials so as to fit in seamlessly with your existing decor
- Cozy seating area for two for those romantic evenings at home when the kids are away
- A hammock or furniture for some serious lounging
Steps to Take Before Installing Your Gazebo
- Measure the space available for your gazebo
- Determine how many people on average are going to make use of it
- Consult and expert on materials and finishes
- Evaluate what time of the day you will be using it the most
These steps will help you get the right dimensions for your gazebo, determine how much maintenance it will take you to upkeep it, and — this is the fun part — it will also help you accessorize the spot accordingly.
And remember: talking to the right kind of experienced person before installation will help you a great deal in the future, simply because they will know all situations that may arise at its installation.